This is my blog about the day to day lives of my little flock of pet chickens. They're a happy little flock, although they're totally crackers! If you want a laugh, they'll gladly give you one.


MY BOOK "MUCKY CLUCKERS - TALES FROM THE CHICKEN RUN" IS AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK FROM www.muckycluckers.co.uk OR AMAZON http://amzn.to/JDnCGB

For the ebook version, just click the link on the right.





Friday 27 May 2011

Knitting jumpers for rescue chickens

Take a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8537773.stm which is a video of a group of knitters in Somerset who knit jumpers for bald rescue chickens.  It shows chickens modelling these jumpers too.   Knowing my knitting capabilities, my daughter suggested I shouldn't bother unless there was a gigantic 3 legged hen who needed a jersey!  How well she knows my knitting capabilities.  But I do admire these ladies and their caring approach.   There are chicken jumper patterns to be found on the web if you feel the need to get your knitting needles out to help your local hen rescue organisation.

No comments: