This is my blog about the day to day lives of my little flock of pet chickens. They're a happy little flock, although they're totally crackers! If you want a laugh, they'll gladly give you one.


MY BOOK "MUCKY CLUCKERS - TALES FROM THE CHICKEN RUN" IS AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK FROM www.muckycluckers.co.uk OR AMAZON http://amzn.to/JDnCGB

For the ebook version, just click the link on the right.





Monday 3 October 2011

Garden delights

Sitting in the garden with the chickens should be a relaxing, pleasurable pursuit.   But it can also be a hazardous occupation!   During the course of watching them yesterday evening I was:

  • Dive bombed by 3 collared doves.  Of course it may just have been the same one having oodles of fun at my expense. 
  • Dive bombed by a kamikaze wasp.  He won;  I moved to the other end of the bench.
  • Shouted at by a robin for moving to the other end of the bench and being too close to the wild bird food.
  • Attacked by every midge for miles around. 

 The final insult was when poo from a passing bird flying overhead landed with a splat on my shoe!   Still, I suppose it could have been worse .......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to look up midges because I'd never heard of them. Found out they're what we call no-see-ums or sand gnats. I feel for you, those little bugs can be so irritating. I hope tomorrow your garden is a little less hectic :)

Anonymous said...

ever get the feeling your garden is not your own any more?
hope harmony is restored soon.
Hi from a new follower.
Gill

http://gillschickens.wordpress.com